16 Mar Clarity on COVID-19
Clarity on COVID-19
For all information regarding any upcoming appointments, Gift Vouchers or other please click here.
UPDATE: 24.03.20 (10:30pm)
Following the most recent announcements, we have made the heartbreaking decision to close Clarity’s doors for the foreseeable future.
Whilst Remedial Massage is classified as “Allied Health”, we feel a community obligation to commit to closure, to best serve the safety of our team and clients, meaning the unfortunate cancellation of all bookings as of tomorrow (25th March).
We will be in contact and sharing more information tomorrow.
Thank you so much for your support x
We are navigating this unfolding scenario day by day, as we receive credible updates and recommendations. We are working to ensure that we’re providing the safest possible environment for all of our team and clients, and only acquiring information from credible sources (The Health Department: health.gov.au + Our professional body: Massage & Myotherapy Australia)
In addition to our current protocols:
- restriction to entry for risk category clients
- hand sanitiser upon entry (& in every room) for all clients
- additional sanitising / disinfecting rinse for all linens (on top of our usual laundering procedure)
- sanitising of all surfaces between every client (including door handles and touch points)
As of today, we are also implementing the following procedures:
- Fleece sheets: Not quite as snuggly as our usual heavy fluffy towels (sorry!) these are still soft and comfy. They are easier to launder and will better tolerate the increased temperatures and sanitising chemicals we are using.
- Face masks during treatments: Following today’s recommendations of Dr Norman Swan for Massage & Myotherapy Australia, therapists will be utilising face masks during treatments. Please note that we have not had any contact or near-contact with COVID19 at Clarity, nad this is purely a precautionary measure. This recommendation has been made on the basis that, during the period of your treatment, we are within the 1.5m radius – so the mask, in addition to thorough hand hygiene, serves as protection from any possible droplet transmission for both therapists and you, our clients.
Original Post: 13.03.20
To our Valued Clients and Clarity Wellness Community,
Unless one has been living under a (substantially) large rock, one would be aware of the global unfolding issue of the COVID-19 virus.
We would like to take this opportunity to share the fact that we are monitoring and managing the virus very closely and have the health and safety of our team, clients, students and patients as our utmost priority.
We continue to provide a clean centre at Clarity, having enforced additions of extra disinfecting processes in the treatment rooms, reception and studio, with hand sanitiser for all within the centre to utilise.
We have not had a case or suspected case of Coronavirus and will be working to the furthest realms of our control to heavily reduce the likelihood of this occurring. We are working under the strict recommendations of our professional associations and practitioner membership bodies.
We are very fortunate to have a #claritycommunity client base of health-oriented, intelligent and compassionate clients, and we trust that – in accordance with the WHO and SA Health recommendations – if you are feeling unwell, have a fever, cough and flu-like symptoms, or have been in contact with someone who has recently returned from overseas and is experiencing said symptoms, that you reschedule your appointment or attendance to classes.
We will be maintaining our 24-hour late notice policy during this period, and kindly encourage you to mindfully consider your previously confirmed appointments with notice, making the compassionate choice to stay at home, rest and seek medical advice should you meet the above criteria and need to.
The world is experiencing a tremendous amount of panic and fear at the moment. We absolutely encourage safety and consideration of others, but in the absence of symptoms or genuine cause for concern based on world heath recommendations, we absolutely encourage you to continue your ongoing routine and commitment to your health and wellbeing, by attending your appointments and classes.
As you will no doubt be aware, your attendance to appointments and classes is the very lifeblood of Clarity! Without ongoing appointments, we cannot continue to operate. We do hope that this period of time passes relatively quickly and with little to no incident, and will continue to be vigilant in our processes to ensure that this is the case.
In the meantime, we very much look forward to providing the very same #momentofclarity that you know and love; we hope you will continue to enjoy our peaceful, safe and welcoming place of refuge, whilst the wild world rages outside.
Yours in wellness,
Sarah, Jo, Erin and the Clarity Family