30 Aug Katie’s Peppermint Slice Recipe
Posted at 16:22h
Katie K not only spoils us with brilliant remedial massages but she also is pretty handy in the kitchen & keeps the Clarity crew kicking along with her delicious creations! Here’s one of her best hits: Peppermint Slice!
This delicious peppermint slice is Gluten free, Dairy free and has zero refined sugar. Which, if you’re a sweet toothed cake piglet like me, this will make you feel all the more entitled to double serves with no guilt at all! Happy baking!
Katie’s Peppermint Slice Recipe
For the base:
2 cups pecans
1 1/2 cups medjool dates, pitted
1/2 cacao powder
2 tbsp cacao nibs
1/4 tsp salt
2 cups raw cashews, soaked for at least 2 hours
1/3 cup coconut cream
1/4 cup desiccated coconut
1/4 cup brown rice syrup
1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
10 drops of peppermint essence (maybe a couple of drops more if you like your slice extra minty!)
1/4 cup mint leaves (optional)
1/2 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup brown rice syrup
1/2 cacao powder
1. In a food processor, blitz all the base ingredients together until crumbly and well mixed.
2. Line a baking tin with grease proof paper and firmly press the base evenly into the tray. Freeze for an hour to set.
3. while your base is in the freezer, blend all filling ingredients in the processor, until nice and creamy looking.
4. Remove the base from the freezer, spread the peppermint layer over evenly. Return to freezer for an hour or until set.
5. To prepare the chocolate topping, melt the coconut oil, cacao and brown rice syrup in a small saucepan, over a low heat, until combined.
6. Pour over the peppermint cream and smooth out with a palette knife or spatula.
7. Put back in the freezer for 30mins.
8. Run hot water over blade of knife before cutting to prevent the chocolate layer from cracking.
Let slice defrost before eating. Store in the fridge in an airtight container for up to a week, if you can make it last that long!