06 Aug Clarity recipe: Baked Eggs in Sweet Potato Baskets
Clarity Recipe: Baked Eggs in Sweet Potato Baskets!
What you’ll need:
- 1x sweet potato, grated
- 7x eggs
- Herbs of your choice
- Pinch of salt
- Cooking oil of your choice (we used ghee, but coconut oil or olive oil would work well, too)
- a muffin tin
How to prepare:
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius.
- Heat oil in a fry pan. Add the grated sweet potato & cook for about 5 minutes, until soft.
- Let cool for a few minutes, before transferring to a mixing bowl. Whisk in 1 egg, a pinch of salt & a pinch of herbs.
- Oil a muffin tin (or you could line it with baking paper) & distribute the sweet potato mixture evenly between 6 of the muffin inserts. Use your fingers to gently press the mixture into the inserts, so that the sweet potato forms a ‘basket’ (you’ll be cracking eggs into them later).
- Pop the muffin tin into the oven & bake for 10-15 mins, until the sweet potato mixture firms up.
- Crack the 6 remaining eggs into the sweet potato baskets (one in each) & return to the oven for 10-15 minutes (depending on how soft you like your eggs).
- Take out of the oven & let cool for a few minutes before devouring!