16 Jan BEFORE + AFTER: a Fresh Start for 2019 & look back at the year that was
I spent a very satisfying week over the Christmas Closure doing some mini renovations and making updates to our reception, classroom, team office, kitchen and treatment rooms; in preparation for a great start to 2019!
Before going all-guns-blazing into the glorious future of this year, I’d like to take a brief moment to reflect back on the brilliant year that was and recall (some of) Clarity’s highlights from 2018:
- Voted Adelaide’s BEST Health & Wellbeing Centre in the 2018 City Awards
- Over the year we welcomed some amazing new (& now not-so-new!) team members to the Clarity Family: Jo, Rhiannon, Sarah H, Caro, Bec, Josephine and Heather
- Celebrated Katie’s Surprise Hens Day + Clarity’s first wedding (Katie + Chris)
- We introduced an amazing new skin care range, completed training and added to our facial and treatment services
- Celebrated 5 years of Clarity (with a snug dinner party + games night, o’course!)
- Enclosed of our open side walkway to the treatment rooms + had our beautiful vertical garden installed
- Addition of a Team Office for practitioners to more comfortably complete notes and prepare for the day
- Kicked off a bunch of fantastic new classes (including Julia starting Pilates!)
- Welcomed back Tanya H after her time off bringing little baby Ocea into the world.
- ………and SO much more!
Revamp for 2019
So, after such a magnificent year – it seemed only right to welcome in 2019 with a fresh and shiny new look!
We’ve got snuggly new massage table cushioning, fresh new towels, re-jigged + organised staff areas and many small aesthetic changes around the place (I do love to schooszch!)…..today I’d love to give you a tour of our main updates:
R E C E P T I O N
I wanted to rearrange our reception area to provide more seating and a more comfortable flow between classes and treatments. By cutting down the reception desk and rearranging the space, we now have a much more open, clear (but still very guzzelig!) entrance, with comfortable chairs and lots of lush green plants.
P R O D U C T S
You have been asking for more products to support health and wellbeing, as well as some thoughtful gifts. The new arrangement allows for some additional retail space, and we have added some great new products to our range. Keep your eyes peeled for all of the updates on this very soon….
C L A S S R O O M
An overhaul of the classroom storage has created more floor space and more easily accessible bolsters and blankets for classes. Our handmade wooden shelving and coat hooks mean much more room for storing bags, shoes and jackets whilst in class.
C L A S S R O O M – R E C E P T I O N
We love our funny, quirky shaped building! Whilst it has a lot of character and charm, our reception (even in it’s updated format) isn’t quuuuiiiiiite allocated with the space to allow for a full class of students coming + going, as well as 8 clients coming + going from massage or other treatments.
To reduce the “bottle-neck” affect of this, which often occurs of an evening, I have set up a small classroom “reception”, equipped with point of sale and a booking system, all class bookings and payments can now be made within the classroom itself, where students can also hangout to catch up and chat before or after class (if we’ve not another class starting).
If you haven’t already, we can’t wait for you to see it in person 🙂
We’ve much to look forward to this year, too. With our new client loyalty program, ongoing steps towards going paperless, more events and workshops, steps into corporate health….2019 has a lot of exciting developments on the cards.
Thanks for coming along on the journey!
As always; remember to move freely, live boldly and seek clarity.
~ Sarah x